LEARN ABOUT THE STANDARDS:
Conceiving and developing new artistic ideas and work.
Performing / Presenting / Producing
Performing (dance, music, theatre): Realizing artistic ideas and work through interpretation and presentation.
Presenting (visual arts): Interpreting and sharing artistic work.
Producing (media arts): Realizing and presenting artistic ideas and work.
Understanding and evaluating how the arts convey meaning.
Relating artistic ideas and work with personal meaning and external context.
A process that guides educators in providing a unified quality arts education for students in Kindergarten through high school.
- Anchor Standard #1. Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #2. Organize and develop artistic ideas and work.
- Anchor Standard #3. Refine and complete artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #4. Select, analyze and interpret artistic work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #5. Develop and refine artistic techniques and work for presentation.
- Anchor Standard #6. Convey meaning through the presentation of artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #7. Perceive and analyze artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #8. Interpret meaning in artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #9. Apply criteria to evaluate artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #10. Relate and synthesize knowledge and personal experiences to inspire and inform artistic work.
- Anchor Standard #11. Investigate ways that artistic work is influenced by societal, cultural, and historical context and, in turn, how artistic ideas shape cultures past, present, and future.